Norlha - in Tibet handgewebte Mode aus YAK KHULLU

• HANDGEWEBT AUF DEM TIBETISCHEN PLATEAU
    Norlha wurde 2007 von Mutter und Tochter Kim und Dechen Yeshi gegründet und ist das erste Yak-Khullu-Atelier des tibetischen Plateaus.

Unsere Produkte werden von ehemaligen Nomaden handgefertigt, die seit Generationen gesponnen, gewebt und gefilzt haben.

Wir glauben an die Balance zwischen moderner Technologie und traditionellem Wissen, um dauerhafte, schöne Stücke zu schaffen und gleichzeitig unsere lokale Gemeinschaft zu unterstützen.

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]

DAS HEILIGE YAK
    Das Yak ist das Hauptrind auf dem tibetischen Plateau. Das Yak, ein stark gebautes gehörntes Tier mit einem sperrigen Rahmen, robusten Beinen und abgerundeten gespaltenen Hufen, zeichnet sich durch langes zotteliges Haar aus, das unter dem Bauch herunterhängt, und eine dichte daunenartige Unterwolle. Der heimische Yak oder Bos Grunniens (grunzender Ochse) ist ein direkter Nachkomme des viel größeren wilden Yaks Bos Mutus (stummer Ochse), der heute eine vom Aussterben bedrohte Art ist, die hauptsächlich in den nördlichen Ebenen Zentraltibets vorkommt. Das Yak hat sich an große Höhen angepasst und gedeiht auf 3000 Metern und darüber. Derzeit gibt es 13 Millionen Yaks auf dem tibetischen Plateau und darüber hinaus, in der Mongolei, in Ostrussland, in den Himalaya-Regionen und in Teilen Zentralasiens.

Das Buch zum Thema

https://www.norlha.com

• M A K I N G O F - O V E R F E L T P R I N C E S C A R F

Delicately textured, the Felted Prince Scarf is made of 100% yak khullu. To create its double-faced design, Norlha artisans hand-felt soft, natural grey khullu to a loosely basket woven fabric. This felting process adds strength to the weave and creates a subtle textural and tonal variance.

R A W M A T E R I A L The Felted Prince Scarf is made from Natural White & Grey yak khullu left in its natural state and comes from the khullu of 2 yaks sourced from a local nomad cooperative. Each summer, the yak naturally sheds this down, which is then carefully collected by hand.

P R E P A R I N G W A R P
    Before weaving the scarf, the warp is prepared by Jigshe Tso in a very meticulous and long process that requires much concentration.

P R E P A R I N G L O O M
    Rinchen Tso then prepares the shuttle loom, an 18th century English invention, from India and Nepal that requires no power. Thanks to the pedals and frames of this loom, artisans can weave an infinite number of patterns in minimal quantities making it perfect for a village size production center like Norlha.

W E A V I N G For the Felted Prince Scarf, Rinchen Tso works on a loose basket weave with the fine yak thread that distinguishes this 100% Yak Khullu scarf, making it light and warm, suitable for all seasons.

F E L T I N G
    At the same time, in the workshop felting room, Thamchi Dolma arranges the khullu fibres in accordance with the felt design on a large, flat table. The fibre is then dampened with water and soap that acts as a binding agent, matting the fibres together.

The artisans then roll and flatten out the fibre with their hands to form the scarf over the next hours. The skill of this process is all in the touch. As Tso, Norlha’s master felter says, “At this stage in the hand-rolling, we need to pay special attention to make sure the thickness of the felt remains even throughout the piece, the desired weight is exact and the suppleness of the felt is neither too stiff nor too elastic.”

F I N A L P R O D U C T
    The finished scarf is then ironed and steamed by Tselo. In total, it takes 15 artisans and 13 processes to make a Felted Prince Scarf.

https://www.norlha.com/blogs/life-at-…/tagged/process

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!